Friday, November 2, 2012

"darling it was good never looking down."

thoughts of the day.

Really, I know I've said this before, but T-Swift's "Red" is inspired.

Pretty much what I've realized is that it's not really possible to completely understand anyone. Most people probably don't even get to know themselves perfectly. I know that I believe myself to be one of the most confusing and frustrating people I know. You're never going to completely understand why people feel the way they do about certain things, or why they behaved that way in a certain situation, and you're lucky if you find out what they really think of you. The best you can do is live on faith, believing that this is the way that it's supposed to be, and looking at the simple activity of knowing people as an adventure, as a constantly changing journey of trying to know others and yourself. You're not going to agree with the things people do or the things people say, but you as a person will grow from the people who differ from you. And every once in a while you'll find someone who is like you, in one way or another, or even a lot of ways, and that will make it all worth it.

Once upon a time I went on my first date. It was really so brilliant. I ate almost my first taco ever, and helped carve a pumpkin that looked like Hitler with a piano smashed on his face. Also, this awkwardness.

It's weird how much I love violin. Sometimes I just fool myself into thinking I hate it. But I love playing. It's kindof the same thing with debate. I had myself convinced I was hating it, but it's one of the funnest things I've done lately.

But mostly, I just want this shirt.





1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Cuuuute shirt! Love it; so funny. I wanted to let you know that I have 5 new buttons to choose from to replace to old, ugly one on the sidebar of my blog if you wanted to check them out. Thanks so much!

    xo,
    Brani Laine
    thatsjustlovelyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; make my day. :)