Monday, November 21, 2011

Try this. I dare you. :)

So, approximately 7 months ago (I think), I was sitting downstairs on a couch watching General Conference, when I heard Elder Lynn G. Robbins say this:

Many of us create to do lists to remind us of things we want to accomplish. But people rarely have to be lists. Why? To do’s are activities or events that can be checked off the list when done. To be, however, is never done. You can’t earn checkmarks with to be’s.


Right then and there I wrote down a "To Be" list. It only took me 5 minutes and it's in no particular order, but ever since then it's been hanging on the wall in my bathroom, a reminder ever day of what I want to become.
   


To Be
    

  • Righteous
  • Positive
  • Spiritual
  • Happy
  • Kind
  • Friendly
  • Loving
  • Determined
  • Fair
  • Responsible
  • Charitable
  • Selfless
  • Independent
  • An example
  • Temple-worthy
  • Organized
  • Self-Mastered
  • Listener
  • Comforter
  • At peace
  • Creative
  • Intelligent
  • Well-rested
  • In-shape
  • Confident
  • Content
  • Close to God
  • Successful
  • Humble
  • Virtuous
  • Faithful
  • Myself
Make one for yourself. It's great.

Read the whole talk here: 




1 comment:

  1. I love how you stole my after-comment "I dare you to"! Don't worry I really don't care, it's super cute! You are so inspiring young lady, I am soooo glad to be your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; make my day. :)