Sunday, July 17, 2011

I am so blessed.


This week I've been thinking a lot.
About how lucky and loved I am.
I am so blessed.
I know that sounds cheesy but it's true.
Here's just a smattering of the things I've come up with:


  • tumblr_ldp27bJj3J1qzeia4o1_500.jpg (500×375)




    • I have a family who loves me, with two married parents.
    • I have the gospel in my life.
    • I was born in 1996, in the age of electricity and indoor plumbing.
    • I live in America.
    • I have freedom of religion.
    • My dad has a job that makes good money and still lets him spend a lot of time at home.
    • My family goes camping a lot.
    • I play the violin and piano.
    • I was born in the Church.
    • I have good friends.
    • I live in Idaho, a relatively awesome place.
    • I do well in school.
    • I have soso many amazing oppurtunities.
    • I don't have a chronic illness or disease.
    • I'm not handicapped in any way.
    • I always have enough to eat.
    • I have more than enough clothes.
    • We can afford medicine when I'm sick.
    • I have a temple 10 minutes away.
    • I'm the 9th grade Vice President.
    • I don't have to walk or ride the bus to school.
    • No one in my family has any sicknesses or disabilities.
    • I learn things easily.
    • I have a computer in my house.
    • I can read.
    • I can sing.
    • I'm a pretty good friend-maker.
    • I have my own room.
    • My dad grows a garden.
    • I've never broken a bone.
    • I've never had stitches.
    • I've never had to stay in the hospital.
    • My mom doesn't work.
    And way, way more. 
    When you think about it, you really are so so so so so blessed.


    If you have:
    Food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep..
    -You are richer than 75% of the world.

    If you have:
    Money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change..
    -You are among the top 8% of the world's wealthiest.

    If you are:
    Attending college, or planning on attending college..
    -You are among the top 1% educated globally.

    If you woke up this morning,
    with more health than illness.
    -You are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

    If you have never experienced:
    the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation.
    -You are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

    If you are reading this message:
    you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave a comment; make my day. :)